Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Actions Speak Louder Than Words...A Thank You

Sometimes, bad things happen to good people and we struggle to understand the why of it, find ourselves incapable of finding the answers we seek in our struggle, feeling hopeless, sad, angry, frustrated and a whole host of other emotions.  It is in these times of trouble when some people have a beautiful way of stepping up, being there, lending a helping hand when the world seems darkest.
 
Last night I witnessed such a moment, and saw both the generousity and magic of the Isagenix family.
 
Two of my closest friends here in the tiny hamlet of Mountaindale are Kelsey and Mark who live kitty corner across the street behind the Upstate Karate studio here on Main Street.  I refer to them as kids because I'm almost 57, they in their mid 20's.  They are beautiful people, talented musicians and hard working folks.  They have a beautiful cat, and the friendliest dog (Kia) that you would ever want to meet...she is one of those loving, happy, beautiful dogs that everyone falls in love with the instant they meet her. 
 
Yesterday the kids found out that Kia has cancer...they are at the vet's office as I type this having more testing done, finding out what stage Kia's cancer is in...needless to say, Mark and Kelsey are devastated at this news, especially since Kia is not yet five years old.  I put up a post in the isaMasterminds group on Facebook, then duplicated it in Isa Pets group...the concensus advice...reach out to Andrea who saved her dog's life (Star) with Isagenix.  I reached out to her (she is my coach), informed her that Kia's test had come in positive, that Kia has Lymphoma.
 
Mark, Kelsey and I were outside the Mountaindale Inn last night hugging, crying and petting Kia when my cell phone rang.  It was Andrea who was in NYC attending a conference with someone we all know.  She asked if Kelsey was there, as Jim Rhoades wanted to talk to her about Kia and what Isagenix Super Food might be able to do...WOW.  That was/is a moment, is one of those times when you realize just how truly loving and giving this Isagenix family is. 
 
So Andrea Hameed and Jim Rhoades...THANK YOU...last night the two of you truly were God's angels, there when  dear friends of mine needed you.

2 comments:

  1. Andrea is a beautiful human being and Jim Rhoades is too. We are truly blessed to have them in our IsaFamily. Much love to all there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie:

      Would say here that you, and many of the others I have met in isaMasterminds and other Isagenics group on Facebook rank right up there with the both of them as beautiful human beings.

      Sitting here sucking on an Isa Snack and marveling at the changes taking place in my life, and inside of me and happy that I found Isagenix, or perhaps it found me.

      Delete