Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Thoughts, and Isagenix Challenge Update

Sitting here mid-afternoon on Sunday looking over the past week amazed at everything that is going on, proud of what I have accomplished, but also wanting to keep my eye on the ball and set new goals for the week and months ahead.  There is no denying that my first ten plus days on Isagenix have changed me in ways I cannot yet measure, though some changes are noticeable.

1.  Highly elevated levels of energy.
2.  Twelve pounds of lost weight.
3.  I look (and feel) healthier.
4.  Seem to be more focused and on some level more goal oriented...IE, worked out in some fashion 7 out of my first ten days on the program...if I get my stationary bike ride in today, 8 out of 11.

At times, caution is the word of the day.  When I look at my gut and realize I still need to lose at least 20-25 more pounds, it is easy to see doubt wanting to creep in and I pull myself back to the here and now with the old adages of "Rome wasn't built in a day" and "Take it one day at a time".  Today I am on program, today I got some exercise, today I drank the required amount of water to both hydrate and cleanse my body.  Each of these are small daily victories that I need to celebrate on what is a journey of not days, but months, even perhaps years as I embrace and move into a new life and lifestyle, one of being a healthy and happy human being.

On the subject of celebrating (and looking ahead) should celebrate my victories over this past week, some of which are identical to things listed above.

1.  Began using Isagenix...actually started the week before when the product arrived.
2.  Took my body measurements, and entered (at urging of my coach) the Isagenix Body Challenge...more on that shortly.
3.  Lost both inches and pounds this week.
4.  Completed a two day Deep Cleanse.
5.  Walked a total of ten miles this week, and rode my stationary bike another 35...this last one really excites me.

My Contest Before Picture
The Body Challenge was a tough decision, and requires a lot of long term commitment...first example, is entering the challenge locks me in, commits me to dedicating myself over to Isagenix, listening to my coach and getting myself in better shape for a period of not just a few weeks, but for a period of 90 days, three months...longer when you read the fine print in the contest rules and see you are required to maintain what you have gained if you finish your duties before the contest ends which I believe is in June of 2013. (If you are going to enter anything, it helps to read the rules...I read them last night, then copied and pasted them into an email to myself so I can refer back to them as I move forward.)

Being on Isagenix for three months is the easy part...I am committed to that.

The rules make it clear that the challenge involves not just losing weight, but actually getting in shape, becoming a healthier person, and this means exercising, working out, training even.  They suggest getting a personal trainer...that is not within my reach right now, so need to look to plan B...TRAIN MYSELF.  Tough one, as to do that, I need a CLUE.  Yes, I know getting on the stationary bike or going out for a five mile walk/hike is a good start, but that is not really training.  Did stop in my travels this weekend to purchase two eight pound weights...people getting in shape, training, always seem to do weight training, so it seems like a good idea on my part.  In the movie Rocky, he was always running up and downstairs...I've not ran in years, let alone ran up stairs!

Can you tell by now I am far from a personal fitness trainer?  So, consider this a call for help...if any of you are personal trainers, or have worked with a personal trainer, would LOVE SOME SUGGESTIONS in the comments section down below.  In the meantime, later today and into tomorrow going to start letting my mouse do the walking as I start trying to come up with some kind of a training program to go along with what Isagenix is doing for me.

There are other things in the rules...IE, a 200-500 word essay on how Isagenix is positively changing your life.  I got time to fuss, fret and worry about that one later.  We can supplement our essay with a video...my first thought...OMG, I need a video camera, and a film crew (can one volunteer friend constitute as a film crew?).  AS my mind reels in a thousand different directions, I remember...FOCUS on today, set your goals and move forward ONE DAY AT A TIME.

So, that being said, as far as the contest is concerned going to commit to the written word a few simple goals for this coming week.

1.  Stay on Isagenix, and complete my second two day Deep Cleanse.
2.  Walk or ride my stationary bike at least 5 out of the next seven days.
3.  Do some research into personal fitness, and begin laying out a fitness plan for myself that respects where I am right now, while also pushing me to attain specific goals in the weeks to come.

Hope everyone is having a great Isagenix Sunday.


1 comment: