Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Ebbs and Flows of Losing Weight, Getting Healthy

Being honest with myself, I allowed myself over a period of years to get VERY unhealthy.  My cholesterol was high, I was overweight to the point of being almost but not quite obese, had no energy, and was on a downhill track mentally, emotionally and physically.  As the years unfolded, as I grew older, being honest, I sort of gave up, stopped trying, and chose to ignore the signs that I needed to reassess some issues in my life, especially where my weight was concerned.  It's painful to catch a glance of yourself in the mirror and realize how much the body staring back at me resembled that of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" of TV fame...can we say eight months pregnant carrying what looked like triplets.  I felt shame on the inside, while on the outside pretended to the world that I was fine, and when someone brought up my weight, found a convenient excuse in my gall bladder surgery, telling them keeping the weight off since that surgery was almost if not impossible.

In ten days I will have been on my Isagenix program for exactly four months, and as anyone and everyone who knows me, sees me can vouch for, the results are nothing short of astounding.  I started the program back on October 6th weighing 193 ON A GOOD DAY.  My gut hung over my 38-40 waist pants by several issues, I looked fat and out of shape, and could not walk up the flight of stairs to my apartment without huffing and puffing.  110 days into this journey to a new me, my gut is not gone, but the HUGE BUDDHA BELLY has shrunk to a point where if I were pregnant, I would have just started showing...no disrespect to my women readers in that comparison.  I have more energy than I have had in years, and over all feel a lot more positive, and better about myself.

Me BEFORE STARTING ISAGENIX
That said, the journey has had its ups and downs, the proverbial ebbs and flows that see you on certain days doubting yourself, even considering giving up as those voices in your head say, "What are you wasting your time for, give up on this folly and go raid the refrigerator.  Perseverance...one step at a time, working the program even when you do not want to...that at times is the hardest task of all, especially when you find yourself on a plateau, seeing no results for days, even weeks on end despite how hard you are trying.  In short, yes there have been DARK DAYS, been times when I wanted to give up, walk away and just give up.  What I have learned, is overcoming those obstacles, sticking to it when every part of you is wanting to give up is the difference in those who FAIL AT DIETING, and those who succeed. 

Ebbs and flows, ups and downs...let's be honest, there are days when I fell off the proverbial wagon and in a big way.  In my 110 days, Halloween has come and gone, celebrated a day of feasting at Thanksgiving, and then ran rushing head long into the Christmas/New Years holidays.  Trust me, more than once I far exceeded my caloric intake, missed my workout, and every time I did it showed when I got on the scale...but I did not give up, did not beat myself up.  Instead, this time  forgave myself and would get up in the morning and get right back on the proverbial horse, go back to working the program that was improving my health, and my life.  That dedication and perseverance is paying dividends...for the first time since maybe 1980 (32 years ago) my weight (on a good morning weigh in) is down under 165, and I am so looking forward to that day very soon when I get on the scale and weigh in at under 160.

Dieting is not easy, and any one who tells you differently is lying to you.  Dieting is a journey, not something done successfully with long term lasting changes in a few days, a few weeks or even a couple of months.  It took those of us who got fat/obese years to get there, and the journey back to health, back to the ME we want for ourselves cannot be rushed...but take it from me...the work, the occasional self doubts, the worries of failure, the ebbs and flows are WORTH IT!

The NEW ME EMERGING
If you are serious about losing weight, are wanting to reclaim that beautiful you that is hiding inside, and are ready to do the hard work, ready to work the program, lets talk...I can coach anyone to success if they are willing to dedicate themselves to the work that lays ahead on their journey to victory and success.

The Isa Guru-Sherwood Martinelli
text/cell (845) 346-6523
phone    (800) 693-4513
              (800) 868-1973 (recorded information on Isagenix)
www.isahealthychoice.com 

PS...if you enjoyed this article, please share the link with others, and toss me a G +1 using the buttons below this post.  Enjoy your day, and believe in yourselves.

3 comments:

  1. You should be very proud of yourself Sherwood. You have been gone with the ups and downs of Isagenix and emerged with a magnificent new body and a magnificent new self image. Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. replica bags philippines greenhills anchor j6m12c6k21 replica bags in delhi check this g0p96m8f02 replica louis vuitton handbags replica bags gucci click here to read i1k37r4n44 replica bags from china replica bags delhi

    ReplyDelete