Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Think of Dieting As Hide and Seek, Lost and Found!

The Day I Started 10/6/2012
It's easy to look in a mirror at the who that you over years have become and simply think the task of getting in shape, losing weight is too great a feat, and head toward the refrigerator for a morning slice of last night's left over apple pie, half of which you ate while watching the 2:00 AM rerun of Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show" on the "Comedy Channel".  I know, because I have been there, have avoided almost every mirror in my house, and then my apartment that showed me more than my head, as if somehow by focusing in on only that part of me that I was not embarrassed about the rest of the world would follow suit, identify the who of me by just my face, rather than that rest of me that I could not stand, that part of me that I was embarrassed and ashamed of.

Reality is, the world does not often cooperate in our fantasies, in our masquerade of self delusion.  People did see my Buddha Belly as it grew ever bigger, showing concern, sometimes in remarks that hurt, remarks that saw me grab one more chunk of meat from the grill, or help myself to another scoop of taters or Mac and Cheese at dinner.  In short, I was playing hide and seek with a truth I did not want to face...I was FAT, maybe even on the verge of OBESE, and the only person who could change that reality was staring back at me in the mirror each and every morning when I combed my hair and brushed my teeth.

In the past almost four months now, a lot of changes have occurred in my life, a caterpillar slowly emerging from his cocoon, a beautiful butterfly, wings still damp who is getting ready to take flight.  As I was working out today, had an Epiphany of sorts, an AH HA moment.

Me on 1/17/2013
One of my recurring themes when I share the product with others is encouraging them to lose the weight and let the beautiful person that has always been residing inside themselves to emerge.  Thinking on that, pondering that child's game of "Hide and Seek" that was the game I'd been playing for far too long with myself, realized today that I was still playing that game, but in a new and wondrous way with ALL NEW RULES.  

For years as the pounds piled onto my frame, the beautiful me, all the muscles there under the surface had been hidden away under mounds of fat, and now with the help of Isagenix, my coach "Andrea Hameed" and many of my Isa friends on Facebook, I am seeking out those muscles, that beautiful me, that which was lost now being found...the me that has always been there slowly emerging as the fat melts away!

All I have to do is look at statistics to know there are a lot of seriously overweight people in America, in the world...also know that a lot of those people deep down inside do not want to be fat, are playing that same old game of "Hide and Seek" that I played for too many years.  Also know, that many of those people who want to find that beautiful person hiding inside are afraid to take that first step, and the next, and the one after that, fearing more than anything looking the fool when and if they fail.  That fear of failure more than anything else sees them making excuses..."Dieting never works" or "I'm just naturally big boned, and besides I like myself just the way I am", the patented "everyone in my family is on the large size", and my own favorite, "I am sure your program works, but it's just too expensive, I cannot afford it!"

I know these excuses because I have used than, finding them easier to blurt out rather than facing a truth I did not want to face, hiding my own shame in excuses that deep down inside I knew were not true.

Dieting does work, but only if you are ready to dedicate yourself to the long haul journey that lays ahead.  I did not pack on some 40-50 pounds of fat (almost all in my belly) in a week, a month or even a year...it was a long process that happened over years, even decades.  Expecting to diet for a month, two or even three and reclaim my former self is unrealistic.  Furthermore, dieting is only a part of the pathway that leads to success...getting to where you want to go requires lifestyle changes, requires committing to actually EXERCISING, being active.  Most of all, finding the real you that you've lost over a period of years take faith, dedication and belief...it also takes STUBBORNEST, that refusal to accept anything but the new course and reality you have set for yourself despite the naysayers bent on seeing you fail.

I live on a limited budget, and it took me far too long to realize that I could not afford what not getting healthy was costing me.  When I woke up, saw lost life opportunities resulting from my weight, when I woke up to the shame and guilt I carried around because of my Buddha Belly, when I started looking for ways to find the money to GET HEALTHY because I wanted it, I found out that I could afford to try Isagenix...as I watched inches and pounds melting away, watched the new me emerging, found the money to STAY THE COURSE to continue on a path that was working.  

I used to stop at a fast food place a couple times a week, grab a couple of burgers, some fries, a super sized Coke, always telling myself I deserved it, or making it OK because I was hungry.  If I were out and about and there was a Panera's or Starbucks on the route too and from, I would treat myself to a Grande something something, and oh those danish always enticed me...sometimes one was just not enough, so would buy two.  Pull into a gas station for a fill up, and how could I not grab a Snickers Bar, or a Pay Day?  The cost in pounds, and in CASH adds up quickly.  Looking back at those times, finally being honest with myself after years of denial, realize I need to be truthful..."I DID NOT WANT TO AFFORD Isagenix's OR ANY OTHER DIETING PROGRAM"...what would have meant looking in that mirror and admitting truths I was not ready to admit.

The old saying "You can drag a horse to water, but you cannot make them drink" is so very true.  I can introduce you to Isagenix's, can show my own before and right now pictures and prove that their "90 Day Challenge" can and does work...but if you are not ready, if you are wanting to wallow in your shame, guilt and denial, then the program I believe, nor any other dieting plan is going to work for you.  But, if you are ready to make changes, if you are willing to do the work, if you are ready to become that beautiful person that has always been hiding inside yourself, then lets take the journey together.

Sherwood Martinelli-The Isa Guru
Cell/Text (845) 346-6523
Home     (845) 693-4513
www.isahealthychoice.com  Go explore the product, look at our Weight Loss Products.

If you are ready for serious life changes, ready to lose that weight, lets chat...I make a great coach, and Isagenix (in my perspective) is the greatest weight loss program in the world.

2 comments: