|Water Does a Body Good!|
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Five Great Tips For Busting Through Dieting/Fitness Plateau
For anyone who has gotten serious about getting fit, losing weight, and building some lean muscle, we have all reached one of those Plateau’s…you know the one where no matter what you do, you find your weight stubbornly staying right at whatever it is, no matter how faithful you are to your program. A Plateau is not only frustrating, but often time discourages us, sees many folks beginning to back slide and fall off their program or diet. The next time you are at a plateau, here are FIVE GREAT TIPS to bust through it and climb to the next level as you reach for and attain your goals.
1. Sometimes, we just need to change our caloric intake for a few days, shake it up as they say. You might be eating a bit too much, or perhaps you need to eat a bit more…just for a few days to get out of your routine, keep the body and its systems a bit off balance. Fact is, internally we will adjust to whatever our caloric intake is, so if you are at a plateau change everything up a bit, adjust the ratio of fats/carbs/protein and see if this temporary change in diet jumpstarts the weight loss again.
2. Cleanse your system…I have found when I plateau the best way to bust on through to the other side is to schedule and extra Isagenix 9 Day Cleanse into my monthly routine, and increase my water intake. When you think you have drank all you can take, it is time to reach for another glass…or two!
3. When was the last time you checked your portion sizes? We all seem to be obsessed with weighing ourselves when dieting, but what about weighing our portion sizes. I know for myself that I tend to get away from this part of my routine, and suddenly realize that piece of steak over time has gotten bigger and bigger, the side of noodles WAY MORE THAN I AM ALLOWED. So if you are in a plateau get that food scale out and double check your portion sizes!
4. Do some strength training…I am not a big one for weight training, but lifting weights (even small amounts with more repetitions) helps build more lean muscle, and muscle burns calories! So, head to your local sporting goods store and invest in a couple of dumb bells, or purchase a set of ankle weights for when you go out walking!
5. Change up your workout! Walk faster, or increase your distance and time. Maybe skip the walk, turn on some music and DANCE for half an hour instead. New different workouts are going to work different muscle groups, so don’t be afraid to improvise!
Plateaus can be short in duration…a matter of days or weeks, but they can also be long in duration sometimes lasting months. Do not get discouraged, stay focused on your goals, and CONTINUE WORKING YOUR PROGRAM!...the worst thing you can do is give up and then have to start all over again! Keep tweaking your routines, make little changes until you find the combination to get you past the plateau and moving forward again.
If you are wanting to lose weight, get fit and lean, please feel free to text me at (845) 346-6523 so we can chat, or get started today on your own Isagenix 30 Day Cleanse by visiting: www.isahealthychoice.com