Friday, November 30, 2012

Testimonial...NEW CLOTHES For A New Me.

Ever have one of those days when you feel like George Peppard, chomping his cigar as he says, "I love it when a plan comes together."  As most of the people following my journey know, I have been on Isagenix for just shy of two months, am at the tail end of my second 30 Day Cleanse cycle, and the results of this diet, this lifestyle change have been phenomenal.  I am not where I am heading too, but am a changed man in so many ways, most noticable of which is my physical appearance.  All of my pants were severely stretched 38 and 40 inch waist pants that I had struggled to fit into, my Budda Belly hanging over the tops by several inches, the fabric leaving markings every night that were noticable at bed time.
 
In two months, those same pants were HANGING off of me, wanting to fall off if I did not cinch up my belt to the point where I looked like a country bumpkin walking around in the big city...can we say out of place?  I decided a trip to Kohl's was in order...a part of my decision having to do with in store sales at 40-60 percent off, and that was before I used a very convenient 25 percent off coupon if I spent $100...can we say incentive?
 
This is where the George Peppard A Team reference comes in...
 
As I am shopping, looking at various and assorted things...IE, some really nice boots that were originally priced at $90 marked down to $43...don't forget, 25 percent off of the $43 dollars quickly has these boots ringing up around $32...Kohl's makes one of those announcements, "Sign up for a Kohl's credit card today and recieve an additional 20 percent off your purchase!  Holy Crap BATMAN!  Me being me, and not afraid to ask those stupid questions, I went up to the cashier and said, "I have a 25 percent off coupon good today only, can I use that, get a Kohl's credit card and get ANOTHER 20 PERCENT OFF!
 
Imagine my shock when she said, "YES!"...are we doing the math folks...90 dollar boots, marked down to $43, take off 25 percent and then another TWENTY PERCENT...that is a HOMERUN.
 
Picking myself up off the floor I realized this was MY LUCKY DAY!
 
First, the incredible TESTIMONIAL...I bought several pairs of pants...waist 36...too big for me, but the 34's were still too tight.  OH MY GAWD...not been a 36 waist in...well, it has been a VERY LONG TIME!  I thought about buying the 34's but decided treating myself should not include pants that were TOO TIGHT...by the way, did I mention my butt is a LOT SMALLER TOO?
 
I could break into my rendition of "Too sexy for my shirt", but will simply say I also got four new shirts, and ended up buying 3 pairs of shoes...excess?  ME THINKS NOT.
 
I ended up buying almost $950 (full price) of new wardrobe for just over $250.00! 
 
SAY IT GEORGE PEPPARD..."I love it when a plan comes together".

3 comments:

  1. This is great news, Sherwood! I am so proud of your efforts and your commitment towards losing weight! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is perhaps misnamed? "Shopping-Deal Guru" sounds in order! but then, without the Isagenix, there'd have been no reason to go shopping for new clothes after just 2 months, right?So...where are the pics of the NEW Isa Guru look?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elisabeth...pcitures are coming...sort of the midterm Sherwood pics if you will. Today was out of the question as my car died (for all intents) and had to purchase something new.

      Delete