Thursday, November 8, 2012

Contemplation...Facing A BIG Obstacle In The Road

Yesterday was a good day for me...

Finished off my 30 Day Cleanse, and the results were nothing shy of sterling.  Total weight loss in one month was 14.5 pounds, and inches lost was 24.  That is amazing...but, think I can do better than that, but only if I buckle down and deal with a few things that have been and are an issue for me when it comes to being who I can be, if the Isa Body Challenge is going to give me everything it has the potential to give me.  The question becomes, where does one get the strength to address some very deep seated issues that affect ones health and life? 

DEMONS...
Don't you just HATE THEM?  We all have them, we all know they are there, but we ignore them, or empower them.  In some cases we seem to welcome them into our lives, are even PALS with them as they wreak their havoc.   For whatever the reason is or might be, we in the end seem powerless to rid ourselves of them, addicted to whatever spirit or vice it is that has taken up residence inside of us.

My BIG DEMON? (yes...this infers more than one)

Cigarettes...

Now I think if someone kidnapped me, took me away to some deserted island and chained me too a palm tree for say FIVE YEARS that I could kick this habit.  I have tried over the years, the decades, to lose the habit, but it always seems to find me, snare me...trust me, you can quit for MONTHS, and like an addict, it only takes one puff and you are reeled right back in again.  Thank you Marlboro...just what is it that you put in your cigarettes to make them so addictive...come on, you can tell me.

I am a smart man, or at least I tell myself that I am.  I know the stupidity of putting hundreds of dollars worth of super foods into my body on a monthly basis with the intention of detoxifying my body, and then sitting there after my morning shake and having a cigarette...or two, OK, maybe three.  It makes no sense, there is no logic, but there is an addiction here, and a very expensive one.  It is very safe to say, that I could pay for every bit of my Isagenix products month in and month out at a very high level of consumption with what I spend on cigarettes.

Here is the rub...over an extended period of time I cannot afford both...one or the other has to go....super foods, being healthy, or cigarettes.  Intellectually I know which choice should be made, and I know when I look at my budget that I cannot sustain a $400 a month (cigarettes are expensive here in NY) smoking habit, and spend another $400 a month on product that is designed to make me a healthier, happier person...by the way, Isagenix does just that.

Soooooooo...I need to quit smoking, I even WANT to quit smoking...well, at least in this very moment I do.  Question is, how do you really KICK THE HABIT?

Lets face it, no one is going to kidnap me for five years and chain me to a palm tree on a beach somewhere in the Pacific...although I would be willing to entertain any job offers that see me chained to a palm tree somewhere like say Maui.  So, that whole plan of action is OUT THE WINDOW.  

They say you should avoid all the things that you enjoy doing when you are having a cigarette...

No Coffee, no drinking, no being on the computer, no watching TV...OK, that plan would not work for me either, as I cannot just stop doing life.

I know...just quit...it sounds easy, but trust me, I know from first hand experience it is not that easy of a thing to do.   I suffer very serious withdraw symptoms when I try to quit smoking, and not just for a day or two.

So, as I sit here trying to motivate into my day, wrestling with this serious problem, knowing that it is a MAJOR STUMBLING BLOCK in my path...one that cannot be ignored, one that has to be dealt with if I am to be successful in where I am wanting to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment