Friday, February 15, 2013

Over Coming Mid Winter Blahs...

First, to my readers...apologize for my absence, but had to deal with some personal issues...between my physical therapy issues and a seriously bad spell of weather that has kept me indoors far more than I like, found myself in the middle of an attack of the Winter Blahs!  Uggg...I am so ready for spring to arrive here in our small hamlet of Mountaindale...I need some buds popping on the branches of trees, need to see daffodils and crocus popping up through the not quite frozen ground threatening to bloom at any second.  Find myself yearning for the scent of lilacs and apple blossoms as the breeze blows down Main Street.

So, as I dust off my tush and get back in the proverbial race, thought a good article would be some tips for enduring those winter time blahs/blues.

1.  Plan some special indoor events.  Hold a Winter Blue's party for you and a few friends, or invite quests over for dinner and maybe a movie.  Whatever it is, plan some event that get you involved in FUN THINGS that will take your mind off the long cold winter, and put you in a happy space with close friends and/or family for a few hours.

2.  Double down on your New Year's Resolutions...it's February, most people have already broken their New Year's Resolutions and put them away in the closet of broken promises...be different, dust off those resolutions and DOUBLE DOWN.  

 3.  Maintain health...I know how hard it is to do this, but keeping up with our exercise programs, doing some walking, and eating healthy really pays benefits and helps chase away those Winter Time Blues.  Nothing more depressing than getting on a scale and finding we are growing a winter time bulge, so don't let this happen.  Exercise regularly, and consider using our nutritious and delicious Isagenix Isalean shakes.  Stop rolling your eyes...I've lost almost 40 pounds so far with Isagenix, and am maintaining that weight loss in mid winter when I am usually packing on a few pounds.

4.  Start planning a spring trip, or mapping out a new spring flower bed.  Looking at exotic locales, or thumbing through seed/plant catalogs can really change your mood.  

5.  Think positive thoughts...trust me, if you can stop your stinky thinking (ST), you will find it is much easier to get through the winter blues if you can stay positive.

Have your own tips on getting through the Winter Blahs/Blues?  Leave them in the comment section, and I will add them to this article.

Need some extra ENERGY....try our Isagenix e+ Energy Shot today!


3 comments: